Terms + Conditions
This agreement outlines the terms of your pet’s stay (thereafter the term “Pet” shall have either a singular or plural meaning.) The pet owner and Country Kennel Acquisition, hereafter referred to as the “Resort,” agree to the following:
1. This agreement contains the entire agreement between parties. All terms and conditions of the agreement shall be binding on the representatives and assigns of the Owner and Resort. This contract shall remain in effect for subsequent transactions between Owner and Resort.
2. The Owner hereby certifies to the accuracy of all information given about the “Pet” and understands that in admitting his/her Pet to participate in Resort activities, the staff have relied on the representations set forth herein.
3. The Owner specifically represents that the Pet has not been exposed to rabies or distemper and has not been ill with any communicable condition within a 30-day period prior to the receipt of services.
4. The Owner represents that his/her Pet has not bitten or shown any aggressive or threatening behavior toward any person, child or animal.
5. The Owner understands that all Pets are required to have up-to-date vaccinations and are in good health upon check-in. However, intestinal and respiratory viruses may not present themselves immediately. Vaccinations are helpful, but not foolproof. Our staff is well-trained to identify health issues. The Owner will be contacted immediately if any issues arise. Any medical care costs, related to Pet’s illness either during or after boarding, are the responsibility of the Owner.
6. The Owner understands that all Pets are required to be on oral or topical flea and tick prevention. The Owner understands that if their Pet is not on prevention, the Resort will provide Frontline. Cost will be the Owner’s responsibility and will be determined by the size of Pet.
7. The Owner understands the risks involved in a Daycare setting, that dogs can be unpredictable and without warning may bite or cause harm to others. The Owner also understands that dogs, when in groups, will comingle while playing or swimming. Minor cuts, scrapes, sore muscles, joints, bruises, along with friendly bite wounds and sore pads are possible and not unexpected results of participation in group activities. The Resort abides by the North Carolina state laws and reasonable care and precautions are followed. The Owner understands and releases from liability, the Resort, its staff, agents and assigns, from any problems which arise from attendance and participation in services provided by the Resort.
8. The Owner understands that a pet participating in group activities, must be neutered or spayed if over the age of 1 year.
9. The Owner understands that he/she is solely responsible for any harm caused by his/her Pet, to any person, other Pets, or property while the Owner’s Pet is a guest at the Resort.
10. If Pet becomes ill, or if the state of the animal’s health otherwise requires special attention, the Resort - in its sole discretion - may engage the services of a veterinarian, administer medicine or give other requisite attention to the animal. All of the related expenses are the responsibility of the owner.
11. Grooming may expose pre-existing health/ skin problems for which the Resort cannot be held liable. De-matting or thinning out of matted hair may cause patchiness and hair loss. Owner understands that any grooming which takes place on an elderly Pet, or Pet with health issues has inherent risks which the Owner agrees to assume.
12. Provided reasonable care and precautions are followed, it is expressly agreed by the Owner that the Resort’s liability shall in no event exceed the sum of $500,000 per Pet.
13. The Owner understands the NC State Law requires residents to maintain current dog licenses for their Pets over 3 months of age. A state representative makes periodic visits to the Resort and will charge Owner exorbitant fines for non-compliance.
14. The Owner gives permission for publication of photos or video taken of Pet by the Resort. The Owner understands that Owner will not be paid any royalty or other compensation and hereby relinquishes any and all rights for payment if a photo or video of Pet and/or Owner is published in any form or medium.
15. The Owner agrees to abide by the Resort’s policies regarding hours of operation. A charge applies for the first day, regardless of drop off time. Check out time is 12pm (noon). Charges for a new day will apply right at 12:01pm. Resort offers drop off and pick up hours Sunday from 4pm to 6pm. (Example of a weekend charge: Friday through Sunday visit is considered a three-day charge). The Owner agrees to pay all costs and charges for special services requested upon pick up of the Pet. The Pet shall not leave the Resort until all such charges have been paid.
16. The Owner understands that while outside of their home environment, their Pet could experience separation anxiety and may not eat or drink well. The Resort watches all pets very closely. Owners are contacted immediately regarding questionable issues. The Owners understand that The Resort will make any adjustments to ensure the safety and welfare of pets.